In 1983, Dune arrived in Canada as a landed immigrant after a life-changing journey from Vietnam and 2 refugee camps in Indonesia. 3 years later, he got a part-time job programming computer software while still in grade 10 and learning English as a second language. All that fun and excitement distracted him from his earlier dream of becoming a school teacher. He went on to enjoy a rewarding career in information technology, working with many public and private organizations across North America.
In 2006, he founded a leadership & management consulting company, based in Western Canada. When 2010 rolled around, he was invited to facilitate business, management, and leadership courses for universities and colleges. His career took another turn, back toward his teenage dream of teaching.
Today, he enjoys an eclectic mix of leadership coaching, management consulting, university teaching, corporate training, workshop facilitation, and keynote speaking.
Dune works with managers to develop collaborative leadership.
He lives in the Greater Edmonton Area with his wife and sons.
Musical Footnote: At age 7, Dune discovered the joy of making music. In his 30’s he was ‘too busy’ for music. Silly! Since turning 40, he has been devoting more time to sharing the joy of music with others.
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- University Instructor
- Corporate Trainer
- Executive Coach
- Management Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Project Management Professional
- Information Systems Professional
- Director, Marketing & Membership, CAPS Edmonton Chapter
- VP, Marketing & Sponsorship, IIBA Edmonton Chapter
- President, TM4PM Toastmasters Club
- Advisory Member, Business Analysis Extension Certificate, Mount Royal University
- Advisory Member, Business Process Management Extension Certificate, Mount Royal University
- Seasoned Guitarist
- Budding Singer
- Aspiring Songwriter
Dune believes in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development. Over the past 30 years, he has pursued education and certification in technical, business, management, and leadership domains.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Advanced Graduate Diploma in Management
- Project Management Certificate
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technology
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Information Systems Professional (ISP)
- Oracle Certified Professional – Database Administrator (OCP DBA)
- Certified PowerBuilder Developer (CPD)
Received a 2005 Premier’s Award of Excellence for a project he managed at Alberta Environment.
Received 2 annual President’s Choice Awards for outstanding excellence at an I.T. consulting company.
Received several awards for outstanding academic excellence at college and university.
TIP: Understanding is a key pillar of influence, which is the essence of leadership.
REVIEW: “He has a knack for engaging his students to learn by using a variety of communication methods and by offering personal insight that you can only learn over time and through experience.”
Business Analyst, Business Planning & Central Operations
City of Edmonton