In 1983, Dune arrived in Canada as a landed immigrant after a life-changing journey from Vietnam and 2 refugee camps in Indonesia. 3 years later, he got a part-time job programming computer software while still in grade 10 and learning English as a second language. All that fun and excitement distracted him from his earlier dream of becoming a school teacher. He went on to enjoy a rewarding career in information technology, working with many public and private organizations across North America.
In 2006, he founded a leadership & management consulting company, based in Western Canada. When 2010 rolled around, he was invited to facilitate business, management, and leadership courses for universities and colleges. His career took another turn, back toward his teenage dream of teaching.
Today, he enjoys an eclectic mix of executive coaching, management consulting, university teaching, corporate training, workshop facilitation, and keynote speaking.
Dune works with managers to develop the leader within.
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- University Instructor
- Corporate Trainer
- Executive Coach
- Management Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Project Management Professional
- Information Systems Professional
- Director, Marketing & Membership, CAPS Edmonton Chapter
- VP, Marketing & Sponsorship, IIBA Edmonton Chapter
- President, TM4PM Toastmasters Club
- Advisory Member, Business Analysis Extension Certificate, Mount Royal University
- Advisory Member, Business Process Management Extension Certificate, Mount Royal University
- Seasoned Guitarist
- Budding Singer
- Aspiring Songwriter
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Advanced Graduate Diploma in Management
- Project Management Certificate
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technology
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Information Systems Professional (ISP)
- Oracle Certified Professional – Database Administrator (OCP DBA)
- Certified PowerBuilder Developer (CPD)
Received a 2005 Premier’s Award of Excellence for a project he managed at Alberta Environment.
Received 2 annual President’s Choice Awards for outstanding excellence at an I.T. consulting company.
Received several awards for outstanding academic excellence at college and university.
“He has a knack for engaging his students to learn by using a variety of communication methods and by offering personal insight that you can only learn over time and through experience.”
Business Analyst, Business Planning & Central Operations
City of Edmonton